You have worked many hard days and now it’s time to take the holiday you deserve. To make your holiday the best make sure you have everything you need for it. Consult this list of items for your resort holiday before you leave and you are bound to have a pleasant, relaxing time.
1. Make a List of Things to Do
- Research the places you would like to see while on holiday.
- Speak to others who have been to the same resort to ask what they did.
- Study a map to learn about the area.
- Check the Internet for interesting events and activities.
2. Ensure You Have Tickets and Reservation Information
- Use a folder to place your airline, shuttle and event tickets inside.
- Include copies of reservation confirmations.
3. Rental Car
- Arrange a rental car before you get to your destination to ensure you have one to rent.
- Check with your insurance company to make sure you are covered. If you are not covered, contact the rental company to learn about the insurance they have for drivers.
4. Prescription Medication
- Check to see if you have enough medication to last you the time you will be gone. Order more if you do not have enough in your possession.
- If you are unable to order early, check with your destination to see if you can pick more up while you are there.
5. Review Passport
- If you need your passport, ensure it is up to date.
- Renew it if needed.
6. Consult Your Physician
- Ask your doctor if you are able to travel to your destination and if you should keep an eye on any medical problems.
- Ask your physician if you need any vaccinations for your holiday. Many countries require you to have vaccinations before entering to protect you from illness.
7. Ease Potential Crisis
- Write down phone numbers of all your credit cards and banks to call if you lose your credit cards while on the holiday.
- Write down numbers of relatives and friends in case of an emergency.
- Place your name, phone number and address in your luggage in case they go missing.
- Remove all unnecessary items from your purse.
- Bring paperwork for expensive items to help you through customs.
9. Additional Necessary Items
- Insect repellent
- Over-the-counter medications for headaches, upset stomach, etc.
- Power converter
- Kid entertainment options such as games, books, etc.
- Camera batteries
- Contact lens, solution and case
- A bag for dirty clothes
- A suitcase for souvenirs
10. Before You Leave Your Home
- When leaving on resort holiday, you will also need to make sure your home is ready for your departure.
11. Stop Mail Delivery
- Contact the postal service to place a hold on your mail.
- If you receive a newspaper, contact the delivery guy to pause the service.
12. Enlist a Friend’s Watchful Eye
- Ask your friend if he or she can keep an eye on your house, pick up any mail that comes in while you are gone and alert you if anything goes wrong.
- Leave your emergency contact information with them.
13. Arrange Services
- Call lawn services to arrange for someone to cut your lawn.
- If you have pets, board them or arrange a pet sitter to come take care of them.
14. Review Bills
- Pay bills due while you are gone.
- For cell phones and Internet, ask if you can place a temporary stop on service to save money.
15. Ensure Your Home Is Left Safe
- Lock all windows and doors
- Unplug appliances
- Turn off water to your faucets and washing machine
- Turn down your heat and air conditioning
Preparation Is Important for a Holiday
By going through this list you will prepare to have an enjoyable time on your resort holiday. You won’t have to worry whether or not you have everything you need, and you won’t have to wonder if something bad is happening back home.
Take the time to do these things and you will thank yourself while you are relaxing by the pool with no care in the world.